This year's International Festival will be held on Saturday, December 12th 9 am - 4 pm at St. George Orthodox Church, 704 W. Sam Houston Ave., Pharr, TX.
A Winter Texan and Family- Friendly Event. International Festival Admission, Parking and Entertainment are Free of Charge. This Fundraising Event Features the SALE of International foods, soups and ethnic baked goods, including the church’s famous homemade baklava, baked goods, spanikopita, stuffed grape leaves and much more.
* The Russian Tea and Coffee Shoppe features gourmet teas, coffees & cold drinks plus homemade baked goods, candy and confections.
* The Greek Grill serves skewers of pork souvlaki with pita bread and tzatziki sauce.
* International Specialty Food Booths include favorites from Greece, Lebanon, Ethiopia and Eastern Europe.
* Hot International Soups & Ready- to- eat Refrigerated items plus Frozen Take- home foods from around the world
* Quality Arts and Crafts, Icons and Books, plus gift items will be available for purchase, as well as handmade St. George Soaps, toiletries, Monastery Made Beeswax Candles and gourmet St. George Magnificent Mustards, Homestyle Preserves and more.
* Children’s Christmas activities run throughout the day, including hands-on activities by St. Nicholas Children's Area, Museum of South Texas History, International Museum of Arts & Sciences and more.
* Church Tours and Icon Art & Theology Tours & Talks Throughout the Day.
* Entertainment Includes: Live Music, Eastern European Christmas Carols and Dancing scheduled throughout the day.
The festival is also the annual “Give a Can; Get a Cookie” food drive for St. George Food Pantry. The food pantry has served over 90,000 hungry people since it began in 2004. Please bring donations of cash, canned goods, coats, blankets, children's clothing and toys and receive a free cookie as a thank you.